Two Israeli copters crash, five soldiers killed in clashes with Hizbullah
Israeli jets struck Lebanon overnight in a 10-day-old war and at least one Lebanese was killed. Meanwhile, Israel confirmed five of its troops were killed in clashes along the border and said two of its helicopters collided near the Lebanese border, killing a pilot and three crewmen.
Hizbullah said it lost two of its fighters in the clashes, which occurred just inside Lebanon near where Hizbullah fighters killed two Israeli soldiers on Wednesday.
Elite Israeli troops have been launching small raids inside Lebanon to try to stop Hizbullah firing rockets into Israel.
Hizbullah said it had destroyed two Israeli tanks in house-to-house fighting in the village of Maroun al-Ras. Al-Manar TV showed captured Israeli equipment, including a rifle, night-vision binoculars, grenades and a video camera.
- One Hizbullah fighter, one Israeli soldier killed in border clash
- Israeli raids kill at least 11 Lebanese as clashes continue in south
- Israel - Lebanon war: 12 Hizbullah fighters killed, Israeli soldiers wounded
- Lebanon: Three Hizbullah fighters, three Israeli troops die in clashes
- Border clash leaves four Hizbullah fighters, Israeli soldier dead