Two Israeli Soldiers Killed, Several Injured in Gaza Strip Explosions
Two Israeli soldiers were killed Thursday and several injured in two separate attacks in the Gaza Strip.
One Israeli soldier was killed when a bomb blasted near the Jewish settlement of Neve Dekalim in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian security officials said.
Four Palestinian police were also injured in the incident, Israeli officials told AFP.
The explosion occurred at an Israeli-Palestinian liaison office near the settlement in the southern Gaza Strip.
In another attack, one Israeli soldier was killed and two others were critically injured in an exchange of fire near the Erez crossing point, according to Ma’ariv online edition.
Earlier in the day, a Palestinian was killed and another injured when armed Palestinians carried out a bomb attack at the Erez crossing point, and exchanged fire with Israeli troops.
An unknown group calling itself Brigade of Martyr Bahaa Abu-Saeed claimed its responsibility for the attack on an Israeli army patrol at the crossing point in Gaza.
In a statement faxed to Albawaba.com, the group said that they inflicted casualties among the Israelis.
In the meantime, Israeli forces were shelling Beit Sahour town near Jerusalem following an attack on an Israeli military base, Esh el-Ghorab, according to Al-Jazira satellite channel.
No casualties were reported – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Army Orders Palestinians to Clear Liaison Offices, Security Posts in West Bank, Gaza
- Israeli Soldier Dies of Wounds Suffered in Beit Hanoun Gunbattle
- Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier, four Palestinians killed in blasts, clash
- Palestinian Killed, 60 Injured in Clashes in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Six Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, W. Bank as Israeli forces operate near Arafat HQ