Two Israeli soldiers killed in training accident in occupied Golan
Two Israeli soldiers were killed before dawn Monday when an armored personnel carrier hit a military jeep during an Israeli military training exercise in the occupied Golan Heights.
The soldiers were reportedly in the front seat of the jeep when the APC - which apparently was unable to see the jeep in what some military sources said was deep fog - crashed into it.
While some sources said the night was foggy, rainy and muddy, others said it was clear.
A military source said the jeep was stuck in the dirt road and that the headlights of both vehicles were turned off.
Meanwhile, two soldiers sitting in the back seat of the jeep, which was not moving when the accident took place, were treated for shock at the military base near the training ground.
The Israeli army has launched an investigation into the accident. The families of the soldiers have been informed and their names have been released. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Rockets strike Golan Heights after Israel PM visit as Bibi talks tough on Iran
- Israeli Soldier Killed in Training Accident
- Two Palestinians Killed, Israeli Troops, Occupy Areas in Gaza Strip
- Hizbollah Attack Wounds Two Israeli Soldiers, Israel Blames Syria
- Man on a mission: wandering Israeli tries to bring down Assad with the power of his words