Two killed in Syrian fuel tanker tragedy
Two fuel tanker lorries collided on the Homs-Damascus highway on Saturday, triggering a huge fire, which killed two people and seriously wounded another, according to al-Thawra.
In its Sunday edition, the paper said the first gasoline tanker exploded on impact and the second diesel tanker 300 meters away, overturned and caught fire.
According to police officials, the accident was caused by excessive speed. (Albawaba.com)
- Tragedy in Syria: Thirteen killed, including children, when fuel tanker crashed into passenger bus
- At least 80 dead in Iran tanker truck accident
- 12 Burned Alive as Gas Tanker Explodes in India
- Petrol tanker fire accident kills at least 15 persons in Amman
- U.S. destroyer collides with oil tanker in Persian Gulf