Two Kuwaiti al-Qaeda supporters arrested over Riyadh explosions
Two Kuwaiti supporters of Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaeda terror network have been arrested in connection with the suicide blasts in Saudi Arabia that left 34 people dead last month, a newspaper reported Sunday.
Citing Kuwaiti security sources, Al-Rai Al-Aam said the two men were arrested "in the framework of investigations" into the May attacks on expatriate housing compounds in Riyadh.
Authorities in Kuwait were still pursuing an undisclosed number of people whose names were provided to a Kuwaiti security delegation that recently visited Riyadh, the daily said.
"These names were extracted from investigations by Saudi authorities with a number of suspects held in connection with the blasts," it added. (Albawaba.com)
- Army sweeps in region turn up more than Al Qaeda leader
- Report: Najaf blast - two suspected Saudi al Qaeda members arrested over e-mail
- Saudi authorities arrest two over Kuwaiti mosque bombing
- Report: Al Qaeda cells still operating in Saudi Arabia, FBI director to visit kingdom
- Saudi Arabia denies arrests made in Riyadh explosion