Two missing U.S. troops in Iraq found dead
Two U.S. troops missing for days from a checkpost north of Baghdad have been found dead, a senior U.S. army officer said, according to AP.
The soldiers and their Humvee went missing Wednesday from the town of Balad, 40 kilometers north of the Iraqi capital. The officer said their bodies have been found.
A massive search, including Apache attack helicopters had been scouring the area around Balad, and U.S. interrogators have been questioning at least six men arrested in the disappearance.
At least 61 U.S. troops have died in Iraq since major combat was declared over May 1, including at least 23 in attacks.
On Friday, a U.S. soldier was killed in an ambush, while another was shot in the neck. An 11-year-old Iraqi boy was gunned down by American troops who mistook him for a gunman. (Albawaba.com)
- Iraq: Five US troops dead, three missing
- At least ten Iraqis killed in ongoing violence as five US troops die
- Iraq: Three US troops die as two mass graves found
- Five US troops killed in Iraq as more polling stations attacked
- Resistance attacks intensify: Two US soldiers, two Iraqis killed near Baghdad; Two troops missing