Two Palestinian boys killed in Tulkarem; Israel arrests Palestinians in Hebron, Qalqilya
Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian teenager in Tulkarem on Wednesday, a day after clashes claimed five Palestinian lives in this West Bank town.
Staff at Tulkarm's hospital said Amr Qudsi, 15, was fatally shot as he and other youngsters threw stones at Israeli army jeeps and tanks patrolling the town.
Meanwhile, Palestinian sources said that a 13-year-old youth died of his wounds Wednesday after being hit by Israeli gunfire Tuesday during an Israeli raid in Tulkarem.
Five other Palestinians, including a senior Tanzim leader, were killed by Israeli fire.
Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat called the bloodshed in Tulkarem part of an ongoing Israeli military campaign throughout the Palestinian territories.
"I am sorry to say that it is a new crime that is continuing day by night in all our cities and towns, from Gaza to Hebron," Arafat said at his headquarters in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
In another development, Israeli forces detained six Palestinians on Wednesday morning. According to media reports, the six were apprehended during an Israeli raid in Hebron.
Elsewhere, Israeli soldiers detained six Palestinians in the West Bank town of Qalqilya. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Settlers wound Palestinian boy
- Israel kills two Palestinians in Jenin, leaves destruction in Hebron
- Israeli troops kill five Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza Strip clashes
- Two Palestinians killed in Tulkarem, Gaza Strip; Israeli troops start to leave Hebron