Two Palestinians die of wounds; Settlers protest against Sharon plan
A 24-year-old Palestinian man, identified as Rawad Ibrahim Al-Suweirki, was pronounced dead Monday after one week of sustaining serious wounds during an Israeli attack on Shujaiah suburb in Gaza city.
This latest death brought to 15 the number of Palestinian dead in the Israeli attack on a Hamas training center.
Late Sunday, a 19-year-old Palestinian, identified as Daoud Abu Jazar died in Cairo after suffering gunshot wounds over a year ago during an Israeli raid on the Gaza Strip town of Rafah. Medical sources in Rafah said that Abu Jazar was hit with a bullet in the head on 18/11/2003.
Meanwhile, some 50,000 Jewish settlers demonstrated in Jerusalem Sunday night to protest Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's plan for unilateral withdrawal from the Gaza Strip.
The huge rally was organized by the powerful council of Jewish settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
During the rally, settler leaders castigated Sharon's plan, calling it "ethnic cleansing of Jews" and " a crime against humanity." (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians seriously wounded in West Bank protest
- Two Israeli troops die, nine Palestinians wounded as PA wants concrete results from Sharon-Qurei talks
- Two Palestinians Die of Injuries amid International Protest at Israel’s Takeover of Orient House
- Jewish Settler, Palestinian Die of Wounds
- Two Palestinians Killed as Israeli Troops Open Fire on Motorists, Israeli Soldier Dies of Wounds