Two Palestinians killed in Israeli raid
An Israeli strike Wednesday killed two Palestinians near the fence separating the Gaza Strip from Israel, Hamas police officials said. Witnesses said the Israeli aircraft fired at least four missiles. The Palestinians identified one of the victim as 23 year old Muhammed Shaker Abu Oda.
An Israeli military spokesman confirmed the attack, near the town of Beit Hanoun in the north of the Palestinian enclave.
Israel announced the raid and the artillery fire targeted armed group close to the fence in the northern Gaza Strip. According to Israel, the Palestinians attempted to plant explosive devices. The Israeli sources said the two men approached the fence before noon. When they reached some 30 meters from the fence Israeli tanks fired shells at them. Later, helicopters participated in the bombing.
- West Bank: Israeli fire kills two Hamas fighters in Hebron
- At least 11 Palestinians killed as Israeli tanks raid Gaza City; Two Palestinians shot dead in Nablus
- Israeli strike kills two Palestinians
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- Israel kills two Palestinians in Gaza Strip raid, arrests more than 20 in West Bank; Palestinian dies of wounds in Jenin