Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza, Bethlehem
Israeli troops killed two Palestinians on Saturday, one a “wanted” activist in Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity compound. In the Gaza Strip, Israeli troops killed a Palestinian security officer, Palestinian hospital officials said.
According to media reports, in Bethlehem Israeli troops shot and fatally wounded the Palestinian as he moved between buildings in the besieged church compound.
The Israeli army said the Palestinian fatally shot in Bethlehem was Halaf Najazeh, a wanted activist from Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement. He was taken to an Israeli hospital, where he died, the army said. Najazeh was the father of eleven.
In Gaza Strip, a Palestinian security officer was killed at a central junction on Gaza's main road, Palestinian hospital officials said. The Israeli military said troops shot and killed a Palestinian who jumped out of a car waiting at a roadblock and opened fire at Israeli troops.
Palestinian security officials said troops opened fire without provocation, killing the man, They identified him as Ramzi Eid, 25. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four Palestinians, Israeli officer killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip; Tanks raid Bethlehem
- Israeli soldiers kill five Palestinians, including boy and girl, in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Second Palestinian Killed by Israeli Fire in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed by Israeli fire
- Israeli Troops Kill Three Palestinians in Fierce Clashes in Gaza Strip