Two Palestinians shot dead in West Bank
Two Palestinians were killed by Israeli troops in the West Bank before dawn Friday, press reports said.
Occupation troops shot and killed a Palestinian man driving near the West Bank settlement of Karnei Shomron. Mohammad Khamis Raaba, 22, was shot in his car when a jeepload of troops opened fire on stone-throwing demonstrators during an incursion into the nearby village of Haja, palestinian sources said. A passenger in the vehicle was also wounded.
In the West Bank city of Hebron, soldiers and police officers shot and wounded a Palestinian activist who tried to escape, Israel Radio said. Marwan Ali al Qawasmeh, 33, was a member of fatah-Tanzim group.
On Friday morning, Palestinians fired two Qassam rockets which landed near an Israeli town, Israel Radio reported. There were no injuries.
In the Gaza Strip, Palestinian fighters fired an anti-tank rocket at an occupation post near the settlement of Neveh Dekalim overnight.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Five Palestinians shot dead in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Settlers wound Palestinian boy
- Israel kills five Palestinians in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Palestinians shot dead in West Bank as seven settlers wounded in rocket attack
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel