Two Russians shot dead in attack near Baghdad
A group of energy experts from the Russian company Interenergoservis came under attack near Baghdad. Two were killed and six wounded, the company’s executive director Alexander Rybinsky told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Yakovenko has confirmed the killing of the two Russian citizens in Iraq.
He told a news briefing that unknown attackers early on Wednesday shot at a bus carrying a group of Russian specialists working under contracts with Interenergoservis at the restoration of the electric station Dora near Baghdad.
He said five Russians were injured.
Yakovenko said several Iraqis were also shot dead in the attack. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Moscow recommends citizens to refrain from visiting Iraq following abduction of eight Russians
- Russian diplomatic convoy fired on way out from Baghdad; Iraq claims to kill 50 US soldiers
- Three killed in Kirkuk market blast as first Dutch soldier dies in Samawa; Baghdad: Russian killed; two taken hostage
- Spokesman: Russian FM will not Visit Middle East in Near Future
- Russia urges Iran to increase nuclear cooperation with UN