Two Saudi pilots killed in helicopter crash near Yemen border
The pilots were flying an Apache helicopter. Image used for illustrative purposes. (Al Bawaba/File)
Click here to add Ali Bin Mohammed Al-Qarni as an alert
Disable alert for Ali Bin Mohammed Al-Qarni,
Click here to add Nasser Nin Mohammed Al-Harthy as an alert
Disable alert for Nasser Nin Mohammed Al-Harthy,
Click here to add Saudi Joint Forces Command as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Joint Forces Command,
Click here to add Saudi Press Agency as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Press Agency
Major pilot Ali Bin Mohammed Al-Qarni and Captain pilot Nasser Nin Mohammed Al-Harthy have been killed, Saudi Joint Forces Command announced in a statement, according to Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
While performing their duty to protect the borders of the homeland against attacking rebels, the two pilots' Apache helicopter fell in the southern boundary of Jazan region, which led to their death.
An investigation is still underway to uncover the causes of the accident, the statement noted.
[Editor's Note: This story has been edited from the source material.]
- Aid helicopter crash in northern Iraq kills pilot and injures passengers
- Saudi pilot killed in helicopter crash while five troops die in Yemen border clashes
- Two diplomats killed in Pakistan helicopter crash
- Saudi army commander killed on Yemen border
- Four Yemenis, One Jordanian Dies in Helicopter Crash