Two Thousand Palestinians in Demos to Demand Prisoner Release
More than 2,000 Palestinians demonstrated in two towns after Friday prayers to demand the release of detainees held by Israel and show support for Lebanon's Hizbollah militia, Palestinian sources said.
About 1,500 marched in Nablus, while 700 demonstrated in Gaza City, they said.
There were no immediate reports of any incidents, and the sources said Palestinian police had stayed well clear of both rallies.
Five days of violent demonstrations in support of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails earlier this month resulted in five Palestinians being killed and dozens wounded -- NABLUS, West Bank (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 24 Palestinians Injured in Protests Demanding Prisoner Release
- Ten Wounded in Clashes on Palestinian Prisoner's Day
- Israeli Military Raid Palestinian Home to Free Soldiers Captured in Clashes
- Clashes Erupt at West Bank Protest in Support of Palestinian Prisoners
- A Palestinian Dies from Saturday Violence, More than 70 Injured by Midday Sunday