Two Thousand Palestinians in Demos to Demand Prisoner Release
More than 2,000 Palestinians demonstrated in two towns after Friday prayers to demand the release of detainees held by Israel and show support for Lebanon's Hizbollah militia, Palestinian sources said.
About 1,500 marched in Nablus, while 700 demonstrated in Gaza City, they said.
There were no immediate reports of any incidents, and the sources said Palestinian police had stayed well clear of both rallies.
Five days of violent demonstrations in support of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails earlier this month resulted in five Palestinians being killed and dozens wounded -- NABLUS, West Bank (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanon to Demand Release of Detainees in Israeli Jails, Compensation for Losses
- Gaza: Group demands release of Muslim prisoners in US jails for two Westerners
- 24 Palestinians Injured in Protests Demanding Prisoner Release
- Palestinian groups demand release of 1000 Arab detainess for Israeli soldier release
- Peace talks progress as Israel mulls over Palestinian prisoners release