Two UN Workers Shot Dead in Iraq
Two workers from the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) were shot dead in an attack on its Baghdad headquarters on Wednesday, UN officials said.
"An armed man burst into the FAO headquarters in Baghdad and killed two workers before being overpowered by Iraqi authorities," a UN official told AFP.
"One of the workers killed was an Iraqi and the other a foreigner," the official said, specifying neither the attacker's motives nor the foreigner's nationality - BAGHDAD (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gunman in FAO Killings Demanded Lifting of Sanctions on Iraq
- Iraqi Gunman Goes on Trial for Deadly Attack on UN Offices in Baghdad
- Slain UN Employee Buried in Baghdad
- Iraqi Court to Rule January 8 in Case of Gunman in Deadly Anti-UN Attack
- Baghdad: Five dead in shooting attack in office of relief agency