Two US troops, three Iraqis die
A U.S. Marine died Tuesday and a soldier was killed the day before in fighting west of Baghdad. The US military said the Marine died of wounds suffered in action earlier Tuesday in Anbar province.
The soldier was killed in action in Anbar on Monday, the military said in a separate statement, cited by the AP.
Elsewhere, a suicide car bomb hit a gas station in the northern city of Kirkuk on Tuesday, killing at least three people and injuring 17, police said. Fifteen cars also were burned in the explosion, police Col. Adel Abdullah said.
- Two Iraqis shot dead by American fire; Three US troops die
- Two US troops die in copter crashes as three Iraqis killed in Fallujah attack
- Iraq: Three US troops die as two mass graves found
- Two US troops, three foreigners die in attacks as Spanish PM vows to keep forces in Iraq
- Three Die in Siberian Gas Explosion