Two US troops, three Iraqis die
A U.S. Marine died Tuesday and a soldier was killed the day before in fighting west of Baghdad. The US military said the Marine died of wounds suffered in action earlier Tuesday in Anbar province.
The soldier was killed in action in Anbar on Monday, the military said in a separate statement, cited by the AP.
Elsewhere, a suicide car bomb hit a gas station in the northern city of Kirkuk on Tuesday, killing at least three people and injuring 17, police said. Fifteen cars also were burned in the explosion, police Col. Adel Abdullah said.
- Seven Iraqi security men, four U.S. soldiers killed in separate attacks
- At least 17 Iraqis, five US soldiers die
- At least 13 killed in blast north of Baghdad as three Marines dies
- Separate Baghdad car blasts leave five dead as US marine killed in Al Anbar
- More than 20 Iraqis, US soldier killed in blasts, clash