U.S. issues rare rebuke of Israel
The United States officially rebuked Israel Tuesday for its defense minister's comments that U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's peace efforts "messianic and obsessive," according to Reuters.
"The remarks of the Defense Minister (Moshe Yaalon) if accurate are offensive and inappropriate especially given all that the United States is doing to support Israel's security needs," said State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki.
The brief statement represents a "rare rebuke" from the U.S. of its close ally, Israel.
- Moshe Yaalon explains recent comments to U.S.
- Israeli defense minister apologizes to Kerry over rant
- Israeli defense minister makes inflammatory comments regarding Iran
- Kerry reaffirms U.S. support of Israeli security, says peace with Palestine will "make Israel stronger"
- Peres breaks with Israeli hardliner slamming, thanks Kerry for Mideast peace efforts