UAE’s Sharjah Gears up for Tourism Boom
The Emirate of Sharjah, UAE is to receive a major economic boost with the construction of a conference and exhibition center and four new hotels, designed to give a boost to the emirate's developing tourism industry, reported Gulf News.
The English daily said the plan was unveiled by Sheikh Tariq bin Faisal Al Qasimi, head of the Economic Development Department in Sharjah, who was speaking to representatives of Indian travel and civil aviation.
"These projects are expected to contribute largely to tourism and economic development in the emirate," Sheikh Tariq said
Sheikh Tariq said that the Commerce and Tourism Development Authority was keen to facilitate visits to the emirate by businessmen and tourists.
"Such facilities provided by the authority include getting their visas issued for them. This policy is aimed at attracting more tourists and investment to the emirate," the sheikh was quoted as saying – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharjah Museums Department participates in Arabian Travel Market 2010
- Sharjah Museums Department showcases culture of Sharjah at World Travel Market 2010
- UAE Seeks Investment from S. Africa
- UAE Formula 2 Powerboat Races Start January 3rd
- Sharjah Spring Promotions 2010 kicks off in January with series of marketing, cultural & heritage events