UAE Chief of Staff Visits Damascus to Congratulate Assad on Presidency
The chief of staff of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan, met Syrian President Bashar Assad Saturday to congratulate him on presidency, an official source said.
During the meeting, the two men stressed their "commitment to developing brotherly relations and cooperation" between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi, one of the seven emirates in the UAE, agreed to make four loans to Syria totaling around 150 million dollars to finance development projects.
Bashar al-Assad was elected president by referendum July 11th -- DAMASCUS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan's King Arrives in Damascus to Congratulate New President
- Ballots Open for Syrians to vote on Bashar Assad’s Presidency
- Syria Praises Solid Relationship with Iran
- Damascus Radio: Syrian President’s diplomacy will gain support for Arab causes
- Preparations for Syria’s National Referendum to be Announced Thursday