UAE Cricket Captain Plays Hockey Match
UAE Cricket team captain, Saeed Al Saffar played hockey yesterday for the newly formed UAE National team at the Dubal hockey ground, in the Quaid – e – Azam invitational hockey competition. Gulf News reported that Saeed and brother Faisal Al Saffar played a great game against some of the expatriate players in the opposing teams. Saeed was the only national to score a double century for the UAE team in an international cricket match.
"I played hockey while studying at St Peter's School in Bombay” he said referring to his love of hockey. He added that despite the fact that he was mainly interested in cricket, he used to play in inner school hockey competitions and later on when he attended Bombay’s St. Xavier’s College, as well. He expressed his desire to play in more hockey tournaments in the future.
His brother Faisal also began playing hockey while at St. Peter’s and expressed his intent to practice more frequently in the future. "We are impressed with the Al Saffar brothers' talent. The two would be a great asset for the national team.” commented Raza Abidi, co-ordinator of the UAE Hockey Committee. (www.albawaba.com)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- UAE National Ice Hockey Team Arrives in Canada Ready for Show Down With NHL All-Stars Team
- UAE National Ice Hockey Team Flies to Canada in Style With Etihad Airways
- Etihad Airways pledges continued support for UAE National Ice Hockey Team
- Pakistan Hockey Star Visits Dubai International Hockey Stadium
- Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium Will Open with World’s Best Lighting System