UAE FM Holds Talks with PLO Leader
The UAE’s Foreign Affairs Minister Shaikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan received in Abu Dhabi Saturday Farouq Qaddoumi, chairman of the political department of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), who is currently visiting the country, Emirates official news agency (WAM) reported.
Hamdan discussed with his guest the recent developments in Palestinian cause and the Arab solidarity to support the Palestinian resistance to establish their independent state with Jerusalem as its capital, especially in the wake of the recent US statements about the Palestinian state.
According to WAM, both sides exchanged views on Arab stances on international developments, especially the war against terrorism.
Qaddoumi said he had conveyed the greetings of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat for Shaikh Zayed and appreciation of the Palestinian leadership and people for UAE's persistent support for the Palestinian people in their struggle to to regain their legitimate rights.
Emirati pro-Palestine activits marked this week the first anniversary of the Intifada – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian FM, PLO official hold talks in Tunis
- Israel, PA to hold high level security talks, two senior PFLP leaders arrested
- UAE President holds talks with Bahraini FM
- PLO Official: Arab Leaders Must Provide Clear Political Support to the Palestinians
- PLO Military Commander Warns Arafat not to Ignite Unrest