UAE Hands Over Anti-Terrorism Report to United Nations
The UAE report on terrorism was handed over to the United Nations Security Council's Anti-Terrorism Commission by the country's permanent delegate to the UN.
The report, while listing the measures taken by the UAE to fight terrorism, calls for a distinction between terrorism and the legitimate right of peoples to self-determination and resistance to foreign occupation as is the case of the Palestinian struggle against the Israeli occupation, according to Khaleej Times.
Prepared by the National Anti-terrorism Committee, the report lists legislations, regulations and other steps adopted by the UAE government prior to and following the September 11 attacks in the US, to fight terrorism.
The report reaffirms the UAE's principled commitment to the denouncement of all forms and manifestations of terrorism and to cooperation with the UN and International Anti-Terrorism Committee.
Moreover, it also refers to the UAE joining of regional and international agreements and conventions on human rights and fighting of terrorism. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US Forms Anti-Terrorism Units in Somalia
- Sudan’s Islamists Seek US Shelter from Anti-Terror War
- Annan, Chirac Call for International Coordination in Anti-Terrorism Combat
- Israel, Palestinians Pleased with Bush’s Anti-Terror Speech
- Bush Warns Rebels Against Entering Kabul, Urges World to Back Anti-Terror War