UAE-Hong Kong Trade Exceeds $1b in 2000
Hong Kong's trade with the UAE exceeded one billion dollars last year, comprising a 33.1 percent growth over 1999, reported the Gulf News on Tuesday.
Exports from Hong Kong to the UAE accounted for $1.05 billion, while imports accounted for $522 million, said the paper.
Hong Kong's principal exports to the UAE are watches and clocks, radios, telecommunications equipment and parts, toys, games and sporting goods, audio and video recorders and players and manufactured articles.
Economic relations are set to strengthen following the opening of the UAE Consulate in December and an office of the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing earlier, said the paper.
“The rise in trade is continuing as evidenced in the first quarter of 2001, when volumes increased 32 percent,” the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) said in a statement, cited by the paper – Albawba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hong Kong business leaders to visit Dubai against backdrop of
- ‘Hong Kong in Style’ exhibition returns to Dubai in November after resounding 2004 success
- Style Hong Kong Expo in Dubai opens tomorrow (Monday, December 15, 2008) Major product expo to attract buyers from across the Middle East
- Largest ever ‘Hong Kong in Style’ looks to explore lucrative GCC markets
- Middle East Buyers Eagerly Await