UAE to Host ISESCO Council Meeting
Preparations are underway in the United Arab Emirates for hosting the 22nd Executive Council session of the Islamic, Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) from December 22 to 26.
The meeting will discuss a number of issues, including a report by the organization’s director-general on the organization’s activities during the last session, said Mohammed Abdullah Faris, the executive board chairman of the ISESCO.
They will also discuss the ISESCO's financial report for the year 2000 and the organization’s headquarters building project in Rabat.
The UAE, in line with the directives of President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, has donated Dh3.65 million for the construction of the organization’s headquarters in Rabat, Emirates’ official news agency (WAM) reported.
The organization, which was established in 1982 in Morocco, is seeking to disseminate constructive educational, scientific, technical and cultural values in order to tackle the challenges and problems facing the Muslim world in the current age.
The UAE joined the ISESCO in 1983 – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Oman donates US$ 300,000 for ISESCO permanent headquarters in Rabat
- 82nd session of ALESCO underway in Tunis
- UAE Hosts the Annual Meeting of Arab Financial Institutions and the Fourth Meeting for the Council of Arab Finance Ministers
- Cairo Hosts Islamic Council Meeting
- UAE hosts exceptional meeting for the Council of Arab Ministers of Finance in Abu Dhabi