UAE National Football Team Gears Up For Oman Soccer Tournament
Chaired by Mohammed Ubeid Hammad, the Emirates National Teams Commission yesterday approved the preparation program of the national football team, which is participating in the Oman International Friendly Soccer Tournament (February 19-24. )
Al-Ittihad daily reports that the commission also approved the 25 players selected by coach Abdullah Musfer. A training camp for the team will be held in Abu Dhabi from January 22-23, January 30-31 and February 12-17. Before leaving to the tournament in the Sultanate, the team will play against the following three teams in friendly games:
1 - The Yemeni national team on February 6th.
2 - The Austrian Rapid Vienna on February 14th.
3 - The Croatian Fors Kala Club on February 16th.
The new players' roster includes most of the players who participated in the recent Asian qualifying games in Al-Ain city, along with some new players, such as Yousef Hassan, from Al-Jazirah club, and Mohammed Sroor from Daba Al-Hussn club from the second division league. During the tournament in Oman, the Emirates national team will play their first game against Slovenia on February 19, followed by a match against Oman on February 21 and the third against Switzerland February 23.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian Davis Cup Team Faces Uphill Training Session
- Nawras Beach Football Tournament 2014 set to kick off
- Kuwait's National Soccer Team Gears up For Asian Finals
- UAE National Football Team leaves for training camp in Germany and Austria
- Volkswagen Middle East kicks off region’s first-ever Volkswagen Junior Masters Soccer Tournament