UAE Pledges to Support Syria’s Economic Reforms
The UAE pledged Sunday to support Syria’s economic reforms, said UAE Information Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan in Damascus.
“The UAE will exert all efforts to contribute to boosting the Syrian economy,” said the minister, who co-chaired a joint commission meeting, said the official Kuwaiti news agency, KUNA.
For his part, Syria’s Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Khaled Raad, who headed his country's delegation in the meeting, said that the positive investment climate in Syria encouraged Emirati investment.
UAE is a main donor of aid and loans to Syria.
The Gulf state granted Syria nearly $248 million to finance development projects between 1998-1999, said KUNA – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US Under Secretary of State Grossman praises Moroccan reforms and pledges support
- A new round of support: Gulf states pledge more than $12 billion at Egypt's economic summit
- Syria, UAE sign agricultural agreement
- Syria's Political Leaders Pledge Support to Bashar's Candidacy at Baath Congress
- Syria: A path to economic reform