UAE, Saudi Arabia to fund centers for wounded Palestinians
Saudi Arabia and the UAE will fund the five-million dollar construction of two educational centers for Palestinian children injured in the uprising against Israel, an Arab League official said in Cairo Saturday.
The centers will be built in the Gaza Strip, one in the town of Rafah, and the other in Gaza City.
They will be able to accommodate the more than 5,000 children who have been wounded in more than two years of fighting, according to figures from the pan-Arab organization, cited by AFP.
The official announcement of the funding is to be made Sunday at the end of a meeting of Arab social affairs ministers at the League's headquarters in the Egyptian capital. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab Ministers Meet this Month to Help Set up Funds for Palestinians
- GCC Labor and Social Affairs ministers meet in Cairo
- Wounded Palestinians Flown to Saudi Arabia for Treatment
- Saudi Planes to Evacuate Wounded Palestinians for Medical Treatment
- Palestinians Ask Arabs for Advance on Promised Intifada Cash