UAE says it's ready to put boots on the ground
UAE ground troops are ready to fight Daesh in Syria. (AFP/File)
Falling in line with Saudi Arabia, the UAE said it's ready to join the fight against Daesh in Syria and is prepared to send ground troops, according to Reuters.
Speaking at press conference in Abu Dhabi, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash stated that the UAE has been frustrated at the slow pace….of confronting Daesh. He added that the UAE is not talking about sending thousands of troops to aid the coalition, but that the UAE “will lead the way” in fighting the militant group provided the US takes leadership in the effort, Reuters also reported.
“This has been our position throughout (the conflict)”, Gargesh stated.
- Saudi says it’s ready for war on the ground in Syria
- Gates says U.S. needs to put its boots where its mouth is to beat IS
- Saudi Arabia ready to send ground troops to Syria
- US fight against Daesh needs ‘boots on the ground’: air force secretary
- DUBAL enhances its Business Continuity Management by successfully putting its off-site I.T. disaster recovery plan to the test