UK opposes review of Israel's West Bank Wall at the international court of justice in The Hague
The British government is supporting Israel in a legal challenge to the construction of its wall along the West Bank. According to the British newspaper Guardian, the Foreign Office is to lodge an objection at the international court of justice in The Hague, which is scheduled to review the barrier's legality.
The Foreign Office minister Lady Symons, in an interview with the Jewish Chronicle published on Friday, was qauoted as saying a hearing at the international court on the issue of the wall would "serve to politicize the court in a way for which it was not designed." The objection comes in spite of repeated declarations by the UK Foreign Office that the wall's encroachment onto Palestinian land is illegal. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- PA: Israel refusal to defend ''separation wall'' in the Hague - '\'admission of guilt'\'
- In second day of hearings: Jordan presents case against ''wall'' in Hague
- Two settlers wounded as Israel says International Court of Justice has no authority to discuss ''security fence''
- Palestinians to ask UN General Assembly destruction of Israeli wall
- Arafat says Israel attempting to impede Hague ruling on separation barrier