UN envoy holds talks with Kuwait on return of archives
A United Nations envoy held talks Monday with Kuwaiti officials on the return to the emirate of national archives looted by Iraq during its occupation of Kuwait, the official KUNA news agency reported.
Canadian Richard Foran met with Kuwait's minister of state for foreign affairs, Sheikh Mohammad Sabah al-Salem al-Sabah, for talks on the "latest developments in the return by Iraq of national Kuwaiti archives," KUNA reported. Foran arrived in Kuwait from Baghdad, where he said on August 14 that he expected the return of the documents to commence "within a few weeks."
The UN envoy would return to Baghdad after talks in Kuwait to agree on the best way to return the archives and other goods, according to Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kuwait envoy returns to Baghdad after 18 years
- UN envoy: Iraq to begin returning stolen archives to Kuwait
- Brahimi: New round of peace talks on Syria "out of the question"
- Mussa: Iraq ready to return national archives and official documents to Kuwait
- UN Urges Iraq to Return Kuwaiti Property, Account for Missing