UN Security Council to meet on Gaza, Abbas calls for "immediate" acceptance of ceasefire deal
The UN Security Council will meet today to discuss the ongoing crisis in Gaza, according to Agence France Presse.
"Israel accepted the ceasefire proposal. We (the Palestinians) must also accept it so that we can put the Israeli side at unease," Abbas said during a news conference in Turkey, according to the AFP report.
- UN calls for immediate ceasefire as Gaza toll tops 500
- Egypt FM on Gaza: Attempts to secure a ceasefire ongoing
- Arab Foreign Ministers Call For Immediate Meeting of UN Security Council
- Reduced fighting in Gaza during start of Eid
- Qatar Calls for Emergency UN Security Council Meeting to Discuss Palestinian Crisis