UN Security Council to meet on Gaza, Abbas calls for "immediate" acceptance of ceasefire deal
The UN Security Council will meet today to discuss the ongoing crisis in Gaza, according to Agence France Presse.
"Israel accepted the ceasefire proposal. We (the Palestinians) must also accept it so that we can put the Israeli side at unease," Abbas said during a news conference in Turkey, according to the AFP report.
- Kerry headed to Cairo to discuss Gaza, Abbas calls for UN meeting
- New peace envoy to Syria slated to meet with UN Security Council this week
- PLO to take new diplomatic steps at UN amid ceasefire agreement
- Arab League calls on UN to hold emergency meeting on Gaza
- Palestinian leaders to pursue diplomatic efforts with UN