UN Nuclear watchdog to call on Iran to allow surprise checks
The United Nations' nuclear watchdog is expected to call upon Iran to allow tougher, surprise inspections of its nuclear program, at a meeting opening in the Austrian capital of Vienna Monday.
The 35-nation Board of Governors of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) begins a four-day meeting, with Washington pressing for action against what it claims is a secret Iranian program to develop atomic weapons. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Russian Foreign Minister calls on Iran to sign protocol with UN nuclear watchdog
- Iran to inform nuclear watchdog of agreement to tougher inspections in coming days
- UN Nuclear Watchdog adopts resolution censuring Iran for secret nuclear past
- U.N. atomic watchdog says Iran's proposal has "substance"
- U.N. chemical watchdog meeting on Iran commences in Vienna