Syrian rebels release UN peacekeepers: four Filipinos transferred to Israel, reports
An image grab taken from a video uploaded on YouTube on May 08, 2013 reportedly shows a man reading a statement at an undisclosed location in Syria, behind four abducted Filipino UN peacekeepers. (AFP/ YouTube)
Syrian rebels have released four Filipino UN peacekeepers who they had captured in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights last week, according to reports on al Jazeera English.
The channel reported that the four men had been transferred to Israel.
- UN hostages released into Jordanian custody
- Philippines demands release of UN observers held by Syrian rebels
- Qatar says it facilitated UN peacekeeper release
- Syrian rebels capture UN peacekeepers after clashes near Israeli-occupied Golan Heights
- Filipino UN peacekeepers escape from Syrian rebels, military chief says