UN Verification of Israeli Withdrawal Postponed Indefinitely
The UN verification of Israel's troop withdrawal from southern Lebanon was postponed indefinitely on the Lebanese side, a UN spokesman said, quoted by The Associated Press Friday.
Work is continuing on the Israeli side of the border, said Timur Goksel, spokesman for the 4,500-member UN force conducting the verification process.
"The mission is postponed indefinitely,'' Goksel told The Associated Press at his headquarters in Naqoora border town on the Mediterranean coast.
He said Lebanon objected to a border line drawn by UN experts.
"There has been some problem from the Lebanese side but the work continues on the Israeli side,'' he added – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- UNIFIL Continues Work Checking Israeli Withdrawal Line
- UN to Continue Verification of Withdrawal Wednesday
- Lebanese Official: Work to Check Alleged Israeli Border Violations Delayed
- Lebanese President Pleased UN Recognizes Israeli Border Violations
- Lebanese President Criticizes Rush to Certify Israeli Withdrawal