Unemployment Rate Stands at About 14 Percent in Iran
Unemployment rate in Iran stands at 13.86 percent, according to a recent report released by the statistics department.
The official Iranian news agency (IRNA) quoted the department’s report as saying that 37.23 percent of the population aged 10 years and above are economically active, but only 32.07 percent of whom are currently employed.
The east and west Azarbaijan provinces enjoy the highest employment, rating at 91.25 percent and 91.20 percent, respectively.
Lorestan Province presented the worst unemployment profile with 30.49 percent of its active population jobless, it said – Albawaba.com
- Kuwait E-banking Beats US Uptake
- ALO: Unemployment in the Arab World Exceeded 14 percent in 2000
- ILO micro-study across Jordan hubs registers fluctuations in unemployment since Syrian crisis
- Unemployment in the Middle East at 14 percent
- Ahmadinejad's legacy lives on? Iran's rural inflation stands at 28.3%