US asks for Syrian help in Iraq
US President George W. Bush on Thursday sent a message of congratulations to President Bashar Al-Assad on Syria’s National Day of April 17, the day when French troops evacuated Syria.
For his part, US Secretary of State Colin Powell explained in another message addressed to the Syrian leader the risks of recent developments in Iraq. "The message has urged Syria to offer every possible help that can contribute in tranquilizing situations there in a way that serves this country’s unity and preserves its security and stability," a presidential statement said, according to SANA.
The two messages were handed to Syria's Foreign Minister Farouq Shara during his meeting with US Ambassador to Syria Margaret Scobey. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian FM hopes to convey stances directly to US administration
- Syrian President sends message to Saudi Crown Prince
- Syria’s President receives Arab League Head, Algerian Foreign Minister
- Syrian Foreign Minister receives credentials of French Ambassador
- Syria's Assad Thanks Egyptian President for Supporting Syrian Rights