US Assistant Secretary of State visits Tunisia
US Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs William Burns arrived in Tunis Tuesday on the third and last part of his regional tour of North African countries, the US embassy said.
Burns flew on board a private jet from Morocco to the Al-Aouina military base, located six kilometers outside Tunis.
Regional economic and political reforms, the Iraqi issue, the Middle East crisis and Washington's international war on terrorism have all topped Burns' discussion agenda during his tour, according to the State Department, cited by AFP.
In the course of his Tunisia visit, Burns was set to meet with President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and hold talks with Foreign Minister Habib Ben Yahia, before leaving Tunisia later Tuesday. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US Assistant Secretary of State wraps up Algeria visit; next stop: Tunisia
- U.S. State Secretary Assistant for Near East affairs to visit Yemen
- US Assistant Secretary of State visits Algeria
- US Secretary of State to embark on rare Maghreb region visit as part of ''war on terror''
- Tunisian President, US Assistant Secretary of State hold talks