US-Based Rights Group in Algeria
Members of an American-based human rights group, Freedom House, arrived in Algiers on Monday to assess the situation there, reported the BBC.online.
The delegation is to meet Algerian officials to discuss issues such as freedom of speech and journalism.
Several such organizations have visited Algeria recently at the invitation of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, including Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and Reporters Sans Frontiers, said the BBC.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Emaar Healthcare Group partners with US-based Methodist International
- US Rights Official Arrives in Algeria
- Stratic Energy acquires Petrofac’s Syrian exploration rights
- Citing rights abuses, Human Rights Watch urges West to halt Sisi support
- US-based website threatens Muslim students, pro-Palestinian activists