US Calls Off Warning to Nationals in Morocco
The US embassy in Morocco called off Friday an earlier warning to American citizens about possible terrorist attacks in the Arab African country, reported the official Maghrebe Arab Presse (MAP).
In a statement, the embassy said that its Tuesday warning to US citizens was "canceled after deeper evaluation of information concerning possible terrorist actions in Morocco."
On Tuesday, the US State Department said that terrorists could be planning attacks against US interests in Morocco.
It urged US citizens in Morocco to increase their security awareness, avoid crowds and vary transportation routes and times.
It added that some US government personnel who were temporarily in Morocco had left the country.
A Moroccan official source has dismissed as "baseless" the US warning to its citizens – Albawaba.com
- State Department renews Saudi travel ban
- US Warns of Possible Terrorist Attacks Against US Targets
- US Embassy calls on American citizens in Saudi Arabia to increase awareness against al-Qaeda attacks
- US State Department issues terror alert regarding Arab Gulf and Arabian Peninsula region
- US Warns Nationals in Jordan of Terrorist Threat