US Commander: One Mistake and Saddam is in our hands
Ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is probably hiding among the towns or date palm groves of his home region around his ancestral town of Tikrit, moving frequently to avoid the Americans and Iraqis hunting for him, the commander of US forces in Tikrit said.
"If he makes a mistake, we'll have him," Major General Ray
Odierno of the 4th Infantry Division said on Friday.
"That's what we're waiting for", AP cited him as saying.
Odierno's troops have caught several of Saddam's former bodyguards in the Tikrit area in the past month and may be closing in on the toppled Iraqi leader, the commander told reporters. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Is Al-Assad Showing Weakness in US Interview?
- Saddam's Defense Minister hands himself in to US forces in Mosul
- The conspiracy theories live on: did Saddam's men let the U.S. forces in?
- Apple mistakes Iraqi customer for Saddam Hussein
- Senior Baath Party official in US hands; Saudi Arabia to deal with Iraq transitional government