U.S. condemns Israeli raids on Gaza Strip
The U.S. State Department on Monday strongly criticized the Israeli raid on the Gaza Strip refugee camp of el-Buriej, in which eight Palestinians were killed, among them a pregnant woman and a 16-year-old Fadi al-Hawajry.
"We continue to be seriously concerned about civilian casualties and we have urged the Israeli government to take appropriate caution to prevent the death or injury of innocent civilians and damage to civilian humanitarian infrastructure," department spokesman Richard Boucher told a daily briefing.
Boucher added that the Israeli actions lead to a deterioration in the humnitarian conditions of the Palestinians in the territories, and complicate efforts at restoring calm to the region.
"We are also deeply concerned about the increasing Israeli use ... of demolition and the civilian deaths that have resulted from this practice." (Albawaba.com)
- Israel attacks Gaza as Clinton condemns E. Jerusalem hotel destruction
- Israeli Raid In Gaza Strip Leaves Six Palestinians Dead; British Foreign Minister Keeps Pressure on Arafat
- In three day raid of northern Gaza Strip: Israel kills 17 Palestinians, including two girls
- Biden in Egypt: US looking for new ways to deal with Gaza siege
- US, Annan criticize Israeli raid on Gaza