U.S. Continues Bombings in Afghanistan
American bombers continued their attacks in Afghanistan over the past few days, bombing Taliban and al-Qaeda complexes. The attacks continue in the face of the requests of the new Afghan government to the U.S. to cease them.
The United States Army Central Command confirmed that during the night between Friday and Saturday, two U.S. Air Force B1B bombers fired precision guided missiles at a Taliban leadership complex about 10 miles from the city of Gardez, destroying it. On Thursday, aircraft bombed an al-Qaeda leadership target south of Kabul.
U.S. and Coalition forces aim to either capture the al-Qaeda and Taliban leadership or prevent their escape by attack. (www.albawaba.com)
- US Continues to Pound Afghanistan, 40-50 Civilians Claimed Dead in Bombed Bus
- New Attacks Planned on Al Qaeda And Taliban in Afghanistan
- US Planes Continue to Bomb Afghanistan, OIC Ministers Discuss Response
- US Resumes Bombing around Tora Bora as Hunt for Bin Laden Continues
- US Warplanes Continue with Afghan Raids, Taliban Claim Mosque Bombed