US drone strike kills senior Daesh figure in Syria: activists
The US is leading an international coalition, which includes France, Germany, and Saudi Arabia, and has carried out numerous airstrikes against Daesh in Iraq and Syria. (AFP/File)
A US-led drone strike on Daesh's self-proclaimed Syrian capital city of Raqqa has allegedly killed one of the group's top officials, Reuters reports.
According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights activist group an Uzbek leader was killed while sitting in his car outside a hotel in the downtown area of Raqqa.
The United States has been leading an aerial campaign against Daesh is Syria and Iraq, and has recently intensified the offensive in and around Raqqa.
- US drone kills Taliban 'shadow governor' in Afghanistan
- British Daesh hacker killed by US drone strike in Syria
- US drone strike kills leader of Daesh in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- US conducts first drone strikes against Daesh in Afghanistan, 49 dead
- US military claims to have killed 8,500 Daesh militants in airstrikes