US-Egypt Hercules Military Project Still on Track
Egypt continues to receive US aid for a project to co-produce a military heavy-lift system, according to a report by Middle East Newsline (MENL).
According to the report, the Pentagon has awarded a US$21.8 million contract to United Defense Limited Partnership Ground System Division to provide Hercules vehicle kits for the co-production of the M88A2 Heavy Equipment Recovery Combat Utility Lift and Evacuation System. The award is a modification of a 1999 contract for the co-production project.
The project is being supervised by the US Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, Warren, Mich. The work in support of the Egyptian co-production program will take place in the US.
Egypt has launched co-production of several models of armored and heavy combat vehicles, said MENL – Albawaba.com
- Can Lebanon get back on track? First Arab railway to be resurrected in Beqaa Valley
- France, Turkey to Put Ties Back on Track after Months Long Embargo
- Egypt Proceeds with Combat Vehicle Production
- US firm to co-produce tank recovery vehicles in Egypt
- URGENT CALL - your immediate protest may still prevent Mousa Abu Maria's Administrttive Detention