US forces detain suspected weapons dealer in Tikrit
U.S. forces raided the home of a suspected weapons dealer on Sunday, detaining him and seizing blasting caps and other materials often used by Iraqi resistance fighters.
As Apache helicopters hovered overhead, troops backed up by Bradley fighting vehicles battered down the front of the house in central Tikrit, looking for a man identified by fellow Iraqis as a weapons dealer and possible member of the Saddam Fedayeen, The AP reported.
Inside, they found bomb-making materials and detained two people, including the suspected dealer. The raid took place near the site of an Oct. 1 roadside bombing that killed a US female soldier. (Albawaba.com)
- US forces: Four suspected leaders of Iraqi resistance arrested
- Senior officer of Saddam Fedayeen shot dead, three Iraqis detained in Tikrit
- US forces raid village near Tikrit, former top Iraqi officials detained
- Intense Firefight between US forces, Iraqi fighters in Tikrit; US convoy attacked in Fallujah
- US forces kill one Iraqi in Tikrit; Two people detained in Najaf following shooting incident