US to Give 17 Million Dollars to Update Electrical Plant
The United States is to give Egypt 17 million dollars to finance the modernization of the central electrical plant at the Aswan High Dam, the Egyptian energy minister told an Egyptian newspaper Monday.
For its part, Egypt's public electricity company will invest about three million dollars in the project, Energy Minister Ali al-Saidi told Al-Ahram al-Missai.
The United States gives Egypt 735 million dollars in economic assistance each year and 1.3 billion for its military, more than any country in the region except Israel – (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian premier: confrontation with Israel to cost Egypt greatly; asks for $100 billion before going to war
- Chinese Firm to Give 60 Million Dollars Credit for Bangladesh Power Scheme
- Sharon Denies he Asked Bush Administration to Stop Aid to Egypt
- Minister: Jordan Got 1.8 Billion Dollars in Loans, Grants in 1999 and 2000
- Jordan's Foreign Debt Drops 4.4 Percent in First Half of 2000