US, Iraqi forces raid Baqouba; Three Iraqis dead in Ramadi clashes
More than 1,000 American soldiers, Iraqi policemen and Iraqi National Guardsmen launched two simultaneous raids Wednesday in Baqouba, north of Baghdad.
One of the early morning operations reported just south of the city, in the village of Daliabbas, said Capt. Marshall Jackson, spokesman for the 3rd Brigade, according to AFP. Several people were detained.
No fighting was reported in either operation.
In an unrelated incident, a police captain was killed Wednesday in a morning drive-by shooting near Baqouba, police stated. The attack took place on the main highway, about 6 kilometers east of Baqouba, reports said.
Meanwhile in Ramadi, clashes between armed Iraqis and US forces left three Iraqi fighters dead and 12 wounded, hospital sources told AFP. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq: US death toll at 900; Report on downed helicopter denied
- At least 20 Iraqis killed in attacks, clashes
- Car bomb hits convoy in Baghdad; Iraqi child shot dead by US fire
- US claims to kill 40 Iraqi fighters in Baqouba as two members of Iraq security forces shot dead in Kirkuk
- Four Americans killed as bombers strike Baghdad ''Green Zone''; Two US troops die in attacks