US Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman arrives in Tel Aviv
The US Senate confirmed Marine General Joseph Dunford as the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in July 2015. (AFP/Mandel Ngan)
The US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph Dunford, arrived in Israel on Wednesday as an official guest of IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Gadi Eisenkot, the military announced on Thursday.
The visit "strengthens ongoing ties between the militaries, and contributes to cooperation between them," the IDF said, adding that the two chiefs of staff would discuss a "range of topics."
This is Dunford's second visit to Israel since taking up his position in October 2015.
- Palestinian Israeli Security Talks Lead to Minor Progress Ahead of Cheney Arrival to Tel Aviv
- US Joint Chiefs chairman makes surprise visit to Baghdad
- Heads of US military and CIA pay Israel a visit
- Turkish FM in Egypt to Reassure Arab World over Ankara-Tel Aviv Ties
- Top US Military Official Visits Jordan for Talks with King